HOW TO PREPARE FOR IELTS?
Your IELTS score can be a deal maker of sorts. With many foreign universities requiring a minimum of 6 band score in IELTS, it has become absolutely important to give it the attention it warrants. Preparing for IELTS is a multi pronged exercise and focusing on every single aspect is necessary since apart from an overall score, universities also ask for a minimum score in individual sections. Therefore, a comprehensive preparation is required. Given below are some tips to prepare well for IELTS:
- EQUAL FOCUS: Firstly, IELTS is divided into four sections- reading, writing, speaking and listening. Secondly, as mentioned earlier, apart from scoring well overall, you need to score well in individual sections too. Thus, the inference that we can draw from both these facts is that while preparing for IELTS, it’ll be sacrilegious to concentrate on just one section and leave others for the last moment. Divide your time equally amongst all the four sections until and unless you’re exceptionally good or exceptionally weak in some area, in case of which you can adjust your time accordingly.
- KNOW THE TEST FORMAT: Before you plunge yourself for IELTS Coaching Classes, it is necessary that you acquaint yourself with the format and general composition of the test. This exercise will give you direction especially if you’re preparing for IELTS without any assistance. IELTS consists of various kinds of questions and the first step towards preparing for IELTS should be to get a sense of the kind of questions one needs to prepare for.
- GET HOLD OF PRACTICE TESTS AND MATERIALS: Practice tests can be the easiest way of organizing your preparation. Practice modules can also help you to monitor your preparation and notice improvements in your performance.
- THE FUN SIDE OF PREPARATION: When preparing for IELTS, you do not need to dig your head in books all day long. It is possible to make your IELTS Preparation fun. Watching English movies and television series is the most fun and easy way of learning sentence construction and add on to your vocab. Conversing with your family and friends in English can be another way of improving your speaking skills.
- ENROLLING FOR A CLASS: While it is possible to prepare for IELTS with the help of practice modules and tests provided online without any external assistance, enrolling for practice classes can lend regularity and seriousness to your efforts. Also, when learning in a group, one tends to learn from mistakes of others and ensure that they do not repeat those mistakes. Moreover, since it is mostly experts who take these classes, they share certain time management tricks and schemes which help you to perform better.
- STAY CONFIDENT: Scoring a good band score might seem to be impossible in the beginning, especially for those who have had their education in regional languages. But, one must remember that with continuous preparation one can perform better than they could imagine. All one needs to do is to approach this task with utmost sincerity and dedication.